View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Krystaim…...I imagine that he feels an attraction for you and that he felt comfortable in sharing with you and talking to you over the internet.....and, I will bet that he felt that telling you the reality of his alcoholism might "scare" you away......and, he might realize that he has not, thus far, had a good relationship history.....
With all these possibilities, and knowing that his sobriety would be at risk by entering a relationship commitment.....I can imagine that his back was, with your physical arrival, have his "back against the wall".....and, had no other honorable choice but to "come completely clean"...…

I really do understand your disappointment....it seems natural, to me, that you would be....

Personally, thinking back to my own single woman and dating life....there were some really nice, good and attractive guys that I (we) enjoyed being with--and I DID have all of the good romantic connection, with.....except,,,,except with a capital E....there would be one major factor...either with my life or his...that it didn't work out for us...so, we, mutually abandoned the romantic relationship...... In fact, sometimes, it was just a timing thing...like, we were in different "stages" in our lives....or, a myriad of different factors...
Such is life....Relationships, in the dating world, are not risk free. Everyone that we are attracted to will not work out....and, it can sting when it doesn't.
Perhaps, it does work out for some who married the first person that they ever dated......but, there are pleanty of them that it didn't work out for, either....