Old 10-27-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Getting sober YOUNG is the hardest thing I think to do...because of everything that you mentioned.

However, life drinking is "harder"...the hangovers, the possibilities of dUIs or jail...missing work...making an ass out of yourself....All your friends that are drinking are probably questioning their drinking and some probably wish they could stop.

You could end up being a role model...you have to like feeling sober better than you like feeling drunk...nothing to do with what others do or say....its all internal...you can have fun without drinking....This may sound odd or far fetched but you truly could find out some things you do are more FUN because you are sober.

When I first got sober I loved being the designated driver....and I loved goofing on people that were wasted and I loved I was not going to be feeling like they were in the morning nor was I going to be dealing with the problems they will deal with as a result of their drinking...some have big problems...some have little...but very rarely does anyone with a drinking issue..have NO problems...from it.