View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Rose335

Newchance - good that you had such a nice meal out out with your in-laws. I'm lucky with my DIL butI know from my friends with married grown up children that it is sometimes tricky to get that relationship right.

Daisy - when I've finished this, I too will be partaking of a bacon sandwich!

Hi ImValentine - very nice to see you here; welcome. I agree with you and Ananya. Trying to stay positive isn't always easy but at this relatively early stage in my sobriety I do now know, absolutely, that if I were to have a drink any chance of positivity would be toast.

Numblady - not only (American) football, try and keep him off motor bikes as well. They seem to be such a factor here in serious injuries - and worse - caused to young adults I know or know of. Very well done on not giving into temptation at the wedding. I think I'd have found that tough because I've yet to completely escape the 'romanticism' of alcohol. Just a myth of course.

Fearless - 3 years in. I didn't realise that. Wow. That comment of Driguy's after such a long life of abstinence has to be a permanent reminder to us all.

Hev - now don't be deserting Walmart and the Dollar Store for the lure of the new and the luxury of the car wash.

Grateful for a fun evening with friends watching Strictly - Mags will get that reference - and eating dinner cooked by me (again, just saying), with wine not drunk by me (also again, also just saying) and some sublime dessert, not baked by me but definitely eaten by me.
Grateful it's not raining right now. I don't think it stopped yesterday so it's nice to have a breather from it.
Grateful to have gained an extra hour in the morning because today is the day the clocks change by an hour in the UK.
It was lovely to read so many posts on this thread this morning. Very grateful to be a member of this exclusive and inclusive club.