View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Grateful to see imvalentine. Welcome to grwtpack!
Grateful to have some time to read and post. I read everything yesterday and start d to post a few times but didn’t finish or send it. Too many distractions.
So grateful for ALL of you!
Grateful Deserto is going to Hollywood. Have fun!
Grateful NL is safe from the rain. Love the joke from your daughter. Glad you are aware you still sometimes struggle. Sometimes I do too. It is important we can admit this and be mindful. I always remember the comment Driguy made that even after what, 30 years, he might have a thought of a drink and he just laughs it off. I think that helps. I also play the tape. I think that helps even more. To remember how it always ends. I think about the people in my life who are struggling and have t been able to stop and how they stay in denial even as their disease progresses.
You are such an inspiration, NL!
So glad you feel better, Aly. I had a lingering reaction from my flu shot too, which is now gone.
Well, I already pretty much forgot everything else I was going to say to the rest of you. Just glad you are all here. Everyday!

Grateful to be bracing for massive power outage. We are hearing, yes, this is really going to happen. Grateful to have stocked up on supplies yesterday. I do not fully understand all of this but I am going to be grateful that the firefighters are fighting hard and the power company and other authorities are trying to make the best decisions for our safety, and improve this process which appears to be our new reality here in No Ca.
Grateful for shelter and water and resources, and that despite all the current issues, no, this is not a third world country as some people complain about. This is a first world country and our problems are still first world. Grateful to stay positive
Grateful sonny boy has a play date and sleep over tonight and Mr F and I are going to a grown up Halloween party, power or not. At this time I have no desire to drink but I am aware this is a possibility at any time as NL reminds me, and I am prepared for it. I have near three years in, and I’m not looking back because that’s not the direction I am going
Grateful for each of you and our sober journey together