View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I just dropped my middle son off for his first junior high "dance". I am so happy that I am not worrying about waiting until I pick him up to drink. Or begging my husband to come home early from the dinner he is at to pick him up. I really hated my life revolving around drinking. It feels so good to be free from that. I am feeling strong in not drinking, which scares me. I so badly don't want to go back to where I was. But my track record for relapse is so high it is hard to just be comfortable where I am right now. I have no idea if that makes any sense! But I thought I would try to convey how I am feeling.
I certainly know that I am going to really enjoy not being hungover at my sons cross country meet in the morning! I can't wait to be fully present, not wishing I could just go home and climb back in bed!

Missing my Mom alot this evening. She was so excited when my older kids got to go to their first dances. I texted my best friend about it instead. I am coming up on 2 years since my Mom passed and sometimes it feels just like it was yesterday. And other times like it has been an eternity since I got to talk to her. I am finally in a place that I am not breaking down about her being gone all the time anymore. But when sober we sure feel all of the feels bigger. I know she would be proud of me being sober even though she never knew my struggle. So it's nice to use that as a little extra motivation. I can hear her telling me that I am such a strong person and to keep it up.

Sorry for the ramble.... hope you all don't mind me getting all of that off my chest.
So many of us apologise for 'rambling'.....no one is.
This is important stuff and really wonderful to read. s

I have known you for a long time now darling Citrus, and I can hear how strong you are, and how determined.
You are indeed a very strong person love and I know you will keep it up!! ❤️