View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Does curling up with my dog and crying count? I don't like feeling sorry for myself and realize there are worse problems to have. So I'm grateful, because I absolutely know it could always be worse. But I'm worn out with this matter and looking for a decent job is just adding to the stress. I can't seem to get a call back for anything related to my field, so I started applying for a couple part time retail jobs too. You know, just for something. Got an email today from one saying they can't consider me for the job. No reason given as to why. So that was the icing on the discouragement cake, but hey, at least I finally heard something back from someone.

I'm shot. I'm gonna hang around on the forums for a bit and then watch some TV and go to bed early. Done with today.
I think you need some relaxing time today.....definitely with your dog. And then, maybe start again with your job applications....is there something you can change about your resume that will get it to the top of the job app pile?

Or, is there a 'for now' job that you would like? Even if you are way over-qualified for a retail or other job, if you frame your application with the right introduction, the right employer is going to notice you.

Just a few thoughts..... s

When my auntie (best friend) died, the circumstances were devastating, and her son was such a bad bad person that he somehow made sure that the will had been changed just days before....I will never get over it. And we lost dad 3 weeks later. And that was as hard as life ever got....I struggled. I needed my SR friends big time to get through.

It took a long time, but I healed. I am glad the whole awful process you are going through is coming to a close...maybe try and focus on that. And know that you have done your absolute best here in a difficult to the max situation.

❤️