View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
B1ueEyes

Originally Posted by Amusic View Post
Thank you for posting. It makes many of us going through the same situation not feel so alone and like we are going crazy. Your post was an eye opener for me, as I feel I could have written it word for word. My boyfriend of 7yrs , is an alcoholic, he doesn’t think he is but every weekend he goes out and drinks to extreme. He stumbles home at 3am, 5am, 7am sometimes he doesn’t come home. He says he loves me and that I mean the world to him. He proposed 2yrs ago. A week later he texted me in the evening after work that he was going to have dinner with a friend. He ended up coming home at 5am extremely drunk. When that happened I gave him the ring back, and told him since he can’t honor the meaning of marriage i won’t be wearing the ring and I absolutely can not live in a toxic environment like this anymore. He has said many times that he is going to “do better and fix things”. That lasts for maybe two wks, and then all it takes is a night out and he’s back to party mode. He’ll say things like I’m trying to control him and that all he’s doing is having fun with friends. The times when he comes home at say 3am drunk goes to the bed , I’ll move out on the couch and then the next morning he’ll act like nothing is wrong like it’s just another day while I’m noticeably upset. I feel like I live in some sort of sick and twisted twilight zone. I started going to Alanon. The last time he came home drunk I moved into the next bedroom and have been there for almost 3months as he continues drinking and then telling me he is going to work on things and go to AA. To me I see him as a liar. I am depressed to the point that it is crippling. But I can’t change him and I’ve stopped trying. I’m trying my best to stay focused on the boundaries I’ve set for myself and not get back on the rollercoaster which is just one big disappointing ride. It’s a sad way to live . I hope you will save yourself the trouble of years added up. I’m trying to rearrange my thinking, but I’m really upset that I kept putting my life on hold for him. I’m here for you if you need to talk. Xxx
I think we have all been where you are and it’s so hard to stop loving someone when they say the right words but there actions say differently.
and it’s hard to give up on that person as we all live in hope that one night something might click and they think I love this woman what am I doing.
But sadly they never happens the bond and relationship with Alcohol gets stronger and we get weaker.
i found myself jealous of every one all the couples I know where there other halves take then to dinner and holidays and I see them all happy and not having to play second best to a bottle, so I walked away and it’s heartbreaking but what else can I do .... I can’t change him he won’t change he will only get worse it’s not the life I want for me he destroyed my dream of us, I thought we would get married and be so happy and now I’m single again while his still got his love of his life miss red I call her it’s so sad how this destroys people’s lives