View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Linners820

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Hi Linners, I'm often like that with no desire to drink. It's effortless and then I suddenly change and it can be for any reason. It's not like another voice within me; it is me. Right now I don't see any point in drinking. What's all the fuss? I don't think I ever win a battle. There's no battle I just change my mind and there's nothing to stop me.
Nice to see everyone doing so well, getting over early frustrations that can make drinking seem maybe not such a bad idea.
Also I think I could do with reading some Epictetus.

I'm on Day 2. No problems for me. I'll read a bit, eat a bit, wander about and watch the Arsenal match tonight. Not much of a life, but it'll do I suppose.
I am pretty tired of late though - went to the doctor a few weeks ago. I've got low ferritin which is what stores iron in the body so I've learned. I think it's mostly in the liver - I don't know what I'm talking about. I've had more blood tests for why this is - thyroid, liver function, uncle Tom Cobbley etc and I'll find out on Wednesday.
Anyway, keep up the good work all.
Yup, it switches on a dime for me too. The thoughts creep in and before I know what's happening, drinking seems like the best idea ever and all the horrible memories/consequences of the last time I got drunk are nowhere to be found. Or if I do remember, I'll tell myself "it won't get THAT bad, I won't drink THAT much." And sometimes, it's true. I stick to a normal limit, have a couple drinks and don't want any more and that's the end of it. And other times...well, forget it. I'm on a mission to feel everything and nothing at the same time, it seems.

I had low ferritin a couple years ago as well. Along with low B12. Alcohol depletes these as I'm sure you know. I have been taking a very expensive whole-food vitamin with good amounts of both since, and my recent bloodwork was much improved.