Old 10-18-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I'm not concerned as to whether permanent sobriety is attainable - I am certain that it is.

I am naturally curious, even more so after a short night's sleep and 3 cups of coffee. The topic my brain chose to ponder this morning was whether belief that a specific course of action would work is a requirement for it to work. I am not sure that it is, but I wondered what others thought.
I think that's the important part. Being certain that it is and also having an idea that it is attainable for you. I think that's the force behind any method. If you got it in your head that you want to escape and nothing is going to force that drink in your mouth then a particular method can't fail.

I actually was scared I wasn't going to be able to pull it off so I didn't even have that starting out. Mine was more to just put distance between me and that last drink whatever that took. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other without any real goal in mind or idea of what recovery should look like. I did spend a lot of time here and topics showed up like magic as if stones lighting up showing me the way out. Some really great people (you are one of them) posted and helped me move along into actual recovery.

I guess what I'm saying is that the recovery is in doing the thing and not so much about analyzing the thing.