Old 10-18-2019, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Angeleyes1111
Sober date 9-30-19

Update... Just got back from my first AA meeting. I was very emotional, cried a lot but felt at home. The main speakers sitting up front kept looking at me the entire time and would look at me when they were talking. The meeting was an hour long but those two men stayed with me, talking for an hour and told me I'm very fragile right now and can relapse at any time because I'm still early in my sobriety. They want me to go to as many meetings as possible. At least 3 times a week. They GAVE me the "Big Book", fourth addition, for free! They never do that! And it costs $10.00. First they gave me the soft cover one then decided they wanted me to have the hard cover instead. They refused to take any money for the book.
Very nice people, glad I went! Also, got my first chip! The front says, DESIRE, and on the back it has the serenity prayer. those two men gave me their numbers, if I ever feel like picking up a drink or if I'm having a bad day, they said to call them. Also another lady gave me her number as well. I really felt at home there.