View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
taplow

Hello everyone involved in the October revolution. I just wanted to check in and wish everyone well.
I wrote earlier about how I hate posting on my phone - for one thing I don't know how to "like" other people's posts or how to quote them. Also I don't have much texting skills with these sausage fingers. But it doesnt matter because I'll be home from Portugal late on Friday.
It's turned out not to be such a bad trip, aside from the obvious drinking debacle. I'm in Lisbon again and looking at the tooled up police here realise that what I thought were police catching me urinating in the street the other night were probably just security guards with a desperate lust for glory.
I realise that my drinking here was a deliberate choice when i was faced with the problem of keeping occupied. It's really the only way I know to behave when I'm alone out somewhere.
The only rule must be not to travel alone until I've redesigned myself into something approaching a normal human being.
Everyone on here has had their life ruined somewhat by alcohol - somewhat? Where did that come from. Time to go I think
Best wishes everyone.