View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
kenton

Woke up this morning ..... Head splitting in pain, nausea threatening to overwhelm me..... And then the thoughts came.... What happened last night? What did I do? What did I say? How bad was I? Then I thought, 'hang on a minute, all I did last night was watch 'the Great British Bake Off' with my kids and then 'Panic Room' with my husband. All I drank was herbal tea. So why am I feeling like this? Oh right, I must be sick. Phew. I can deal with that. No biggie. Bit inconvenient but no need for shame, regret and self-loathing to join the party. And then it struck me that there's silver linings everywhere..... Even when I'm sick I can think, 'could be worse. Could be drinking'.

Have a wonderful time in London, tynesider. It's a fabulous place. Ok, I'm biased. And you know, the people are a lot less grumpy in London than people say. I've started talking to people on the tube over the last few years and I've met some lovely people there. And no-one's acted like I'm crazy for starting a conversation on the tube. Ok, maybe they've thought I'm crazy but they've been too polite to mention it. Have a great time xxx

Love the smiling dog in your avatar Snoozy and hello Vovo! Thinking of you all the time and sending you loads of love. You too James, sending love to everyone. Feel better soon Suze.... I'm off to sip water and to put a cold compress on my aching, non-hungover (yay!) head. 24 more for me please xxxx