View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:10 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

24 more for me please.

I love that so many of us are thinking about self-care. I did the same last night. Exhausted and my teeth were really sore again, so I went to bed, had some nice food and watched my laptop. Sleeping by 9.30pm.

One thing that has always tripped me up in my recovery is that feeling of MUST. MUST swim, meditate, read, listen to podcasts, diet, etc etc. All these things are good but talk about mad pressure, early on. I'm ditching the guilt too and setting small goals.

3 meetings a week.
Walking to work and back.
SR and bits of reading.

That's enough for now. If I lay a good foundation then I can built in time. This is forever and it's my life. My new motto is 'handle with care.'

I had my first counselling session this week and it was so, so good to be able to talk honestly with my drinking. I am really looking forward to the rest and I have set some goals. Mainly around accepting responsibility, commitment to change, making amends and working on shame and forgiveness. I am off my antabuse too, so it's just me and my commitment to my recovery. IT FEELS AWESOME!

Love to you all. Take care everyone with the wild weather in the states.

Wrap up warm and lots of rest Suze, dont worry about us.

Nature it an awesome reminder that life moves on and we can't stop the hands of time. I love that too Kenton!