Thread: What to Share
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Gal220

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Interesting thread which I have quickly glanced through hoping that someone might let you into the secret. Perhaps I could use Bill's words:

" I was not too well at the time, and was plagued by waves of self-pity and resentment. This sometimes nearly drove me back to drink, but I soon found that when all other measures failed, work with another alcoholic would save the day. "

I saw you work 10 and 11 but no mention of 12. Working with others, one to one, 12 stepping and, for want of a better word, sponsoring, is where its at. If you are not active there you are missing 90% of the fun. Think of recovery as a three legged stool, if you are in the recovery portion, working steps, in the unity bit by going to meetings, but not active in our main service of carrying the message to the alcoholic, then you would be sitting on a two legged stool. It is possible to stay seated and not fall off, but it is not easy or comfortable and requires constant effort. A tough way to live.
No, I'm not good about 12. There are two people I know who are working on their sobriety, but do not want to do AA. But they talk to me. So I talk AA to them, and they don't really know it's AA, lol. In the rooms, though, I've never sponsored anyone through all the steps. A long time ago, I helped a couple of people with 1-3, but that was as far as they got. It's definitely a failing of mine. I suppose that's why I stress so much about sharing in meetings.