View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Bit of irony in the title. Bit of a daft thread, but here goes.

I just read NicLin’s great thread about blood pressure. Their BP is now nice and healthy after quitting alcohol, and I had a similar result. A doctor would probably prescribe BP medication, which can have side effects, when quitting booze can (not always) have the same effect.

I’ve also lost a load of weight, my liver went from fatty to fully healthy (surprisingly quickly too) and I’m a nicer person, sometimes 😀

If I was forced to give a downside, I’d struggle. OK then, there are places and even countries I like but probably won’t visit again as I wouldn’t know what to do as I’d previously just drunk there. I also see some friends a lot less as they go to bars (as sensible drinkers) and I’d get bored.

I wouldnt trade a thing for the life I have now. The above two reasons are not even reasons.

Anyone have any downsides? Might be a very short thread. 😀
Lack of sex (with women I shouldn’t have sex with), lonely (because I don’t spend time with people bad for me now), having to feel (I used to just pour booze on all that feeling stuff), giving a crap about things (was easier to just drink and live in oblivion)

-A newly sober, cranky, lonely, curmudgeon.

ps: I still choose sobriety (day 7)