View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Hey folks, late checking in tonight but check in I shall. I’d like another 24 hours of sobriety, with a little bit of hope that things will get easier.

Danger zone territory tonight. Had a good day at work, my phone rang not long after I finished and it was a friend of mine who’s in the fellowship too. I’d heard she’s having a hard time so text earlier just asking if she was ok.

She isn’t, and things aren’t great at the moment. She’s going through a divorce, picked up again last week and ended up in hospital, I won’t elaborate but it’s worrying.

We spoke for nearly an hour and I hoped to have been some reassurance, was a little cross that she picked up before reaching out to anyone and made that clear, kindly but firmly.

She seemed more upbeat after we’d spoken which was good. Next thing, her husband is on the phone, not being unpleasant but obviously wasn’t happy that we’d been talking.

I did my best at tact and diplomacy tried to explain how the guilt and remorse of drinking affected my, tried to be supportive, explained that there’s help out there for family members affected by loved ones in addiction, made it very clear that I won’t take sides, told him to feel free to get in touch with me if there’s anything I can do to help.

Now feeling concerned that I’ve done the right thing
It sounds to me like you have James.....it is up to this woman to help herself now and she needs to be honest with her husband....you were letting him know what help is available for them both....now he knows. He may not have had any idea what trouble she is in.

Try not to worry ~ you are a very good man dear James. s ❤️❤️❤️