View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
You can do this Taplow - trust me, if I can anyone can
I used to do crazy things to 'break the moment' back in the early days - things like shoving my head under the shower so my hair was soaked and I couldn't go out (my hair is very long so takes ages to dry)
Another time I literally threw my car keys down the garden, in the dark, so I couldn't find them until the morning, when ' the moment' had long gone.
Another time, I gave all my bank cards to a friend, with the instructions, not to give them back until Monday morning (I was a weekend warrior)
Another time when I was feeling 'good', I knew I wouldn't later in the day, so put all my paper money into an ice cube tray and FROZE it (couldn't go out with soaking wet dosh)
Basically it's all about finding what works for YOU to 'take the choice away' It literally is a fight with yourself but once the choice is taken away, it becomes a lot easier.
I failed to mention the hours upon hours, I would spend in the SR 'Arcade' (it's up top) I highly recommend ' Lightning Pool'

Good luck!!
Awesome! Whatever it takes. Luckily for me, liquor stores close at 10 pm in Minnesota. In the early days, I could be tensed up, in the grips of full-blown cravings and they would magically disappear at 9:55.