View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bonniefloyd

Haven’t posted in a while

i just realized I’m closing in on 9 months sober. Things are mostly good. I have a lot going on with my aging mom and her house, but I’m handling it.

Sometimes I think I want a drink — the urge just creeps in at unexpected times. I guess I had hoped that my AV would be a thing of the past after all this time, but it’s fine. AV can’t make me do anything I don’t want to do, and I don’t want to screw up my life by drinking, so I don’t. If the urge hits, I hop on my mountain bike, walk the dog, go to the gym, hit the bookstore, or take my kid to the park to catch some Pokémon. It works every single time.

Anyway, Mr. Bonnie has about one month of sobriety now. His drinking has been a very huge difficulty for me. I tried not to go on about it too much, but sitting here watching him drink while I couldn’t was a painful thing to endure and made my early sobriety months so hard.

But I learned to deal with it, didn’t nag him about it, just quietly did my thing. Then about a month ago he dumped out his wine and scotch, and that was it. No discussion, just stopped. I know better than to get my hopes up about his long term sobriety because I’ve stopped and and started so many times, but I’m just glad that he’s sober right now and he’s trying.

He hasn’t been much fun, which is understandable. We don’t go out at all lately, but it’s cool. He hits the gym in the evening instead of pouring a drink, then we hang out and rewatch tv shows that we barely remember because we had previously watched them while drinking. We now drink a lot of La Croix.

So that’s my update; I just wanted to check in, say hi and let you guys know that I’m still hanging in there .