View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
kenton

Thanks Mags. In true birth family style, the funeral I was supposed to be going to today, the funeral I've been worrying about for the past week.... That funeral has just been cancelled. Just got a text saying due to family concerns, difficulties and differences, the funeral has been cancelled and we should all wait for further instructions. This is triggering a lot of stuff for me. Reminding me of how I felt as a child... never knowing what was going to happen, waiting for other people to make a decision, everything being changed at the last minute. So, I'm remembering everything that I learnt last night, going within my body and acknowledging the anxiety. Where can I feel it? In my chest. What does it feel like? Tightness. I'm not trying to push it away. I'm not pretending it's not there. I'm not telling myself to stop being stupid and to pull myself together. I'm accepting things exactly as they are. And those few minutes of staying in the moment have given me the clarity to decide I'm not going to the funeral today. Whether it's cancelled/uncancelled.... Doesn't matter. I can pay my respects to the deceased in my own way. My internal peace is important to me now. It's the most important thing to me now. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx