View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
SassyAdria

oh my gosh. Reading everyone’s responses really paints the life of drinking so vividly for me. Such a relief that those things don’t need to happen anymore.
thank god ... no more having to circle back to that toilet every half hour, never feeling like you can get enough water in you to fix that sandpaper dry tongue and throbbing head.
the shame, the racing heartbeat, the tossing and turning ...
i don’t miss the look on my moms face, so concerned and sad for me when I would be bed ridden hung over every weekend, and her begging me to stop drinking.
and one thing that really hit home... the missing out on life. Being able to be present to experience all your days. Not in bed suffering from the hangovers.
one day I was so incredibly hung over from drinking fireball and snorting god knows what...and I felt my eyes cross and I could not even see. I was laying on the bathroom floor waiting to throw up again, and I couldn’t even see. It was like I had gone cross eyed and had vertigo or something. That was one of those “wake up calls” but it still took many more years to finally quit it.
i am so thankful and feel so lucky for sobriety. 💗