Thread: 9 months
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hodd

9 months

Longest I’d “quit” before was 3 weeks 🤣

I still get the occasional urge of an evening, but that’s usually general thirst and always goes after I’ve drunk some juice or whatever. The main achievement I would say is losing that force of habit to head to the booze section of my supermarket.

I’ve also worn a Fitbit fitness tracker for a couple of years, and this estimates hours of sleep and stages, e.g. deep sleep and REM. Slept nearly nine hours last night! For anyone concerned about sleep in early withdrawal, it will improve loads!

My appetite is off the scale. Luckily I eat healthy and work out or I’d be the size of a house.

Finally, I’m not such a miserable git. My wife had a tough time with my moodiness whilst I was drinking. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m a joy to live with 😀 but I don’t get annoyed all the time now.

Long may it continue. I mentioned on other posts my liver health going from fatty to fully healthy in eight months. That’s a huge relief. I’ve also mentioned being scared to relapse, and that’s justified. Life is good now.

Good luck all.