View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey Tap

Well, yeah, life can be boring. I sit here on day 3 after surgery and I'm bored stiff. Even my dog is bored....my ex agreed to take him for the night so he has another dog to play with.

I grew up in a really crazy family. Crazy became my defacto base line of what life was like. And for a long time crazy, chaotic, dramatic....that was 'exciting'. And if there wasn't at least a bit a crazy going on, I'd be sure and create some. I guess that's why my alcohol addiction was just so 'exciting' because it sure does create some crazy. Until that crazy became deadly...

So I got nothing really. Other than to say this it is my moral obligation to be responsible. And that whole adulting thing just isn't all that fun sometimes. But gotta grow up sometime I guess.

Passion? Nah. I don't have it. But I can be ok with things being ok. And who ever said life has to be exciting? I guess sapiens have spent the bulk of our existence just trying to survive. It almost seems like we do best emotionally and communally when we are working together to survive some challenge or shared trauma. Now that we are all so darn comfy (ok not all, but many), lots of food, shelter and no animals trying to eat us, we're just bored. We eat too much, drink too much, sit on our azzes too much and ponder our navels.

So I'll have to settle for the 3 cute lil college freshman that came home to visit me tonight. And enjoy the helluva cake I baked for them. I'll watch the news, eat some leftovers and sleep well.

Could be worse.