Old 09-26-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

thousandwords…..I am so glad that you posted this!
I think that so many people have unrealistic fears and old fashioned stigmas regarding dv centers and related services. today, there is much more attention to persons who find themselves in abusive or violent type of situations.....and, more services and support available than there once was.....

People in abusive situations or violent...or, even, POTENTIALLY in violent situations often feel so isolated alone.....If they only could realize that non-judgemental and compassionate support is only a phone call or text away....that their privacy is always protected and that they are under no obligation to just talk to an understanding worker....
And, that the actual shelters are warm and uplifting places with only goal is to help in every possible way that they can.....
There is no shame....only caring support.....

So many people don't realize that there are so many kinds of abuse besides just hitting...….Anyone who finds themselves feeling afraid of another person...in any way, should just pick up that phone and call the dv hotline.....

Thousand words, I am so glad that you made the call and got the kind of support that you were needing!