Thread: relapse
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hey guys,
I picked up again and haven't stopped been drinking round the clock for 12 days. I hate alcohol so much but I drank again for seemingly no reason.
The common denominator behind any compulsive behavior is the desire for a, “quick fix or mood changer,” for how we feel, the need to feel better, escape the trap of helplessness, frustration or whatever you want to call it. Addictive behavior is never random, addictive behavior is learned, there is always a reason and a reward. Whatever is rewarded gets repeated. (Trigger-Behavior-Reward-Repeat). You can’t get addicted to a substance or behavior that you have not learned does something for you.

Take advantage of the fact that you put your thoughts to words here and find out, "Why," you drink. When you understand why, it makes it so much easier to change.

Romans 12:2: “Don’t copy the behavior or values of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. The best way to fight bad ideas is to replace them with better ones. Transformation begins in the mind, because the way we reason affects how we act.

Let today be the beginning of your new life.