Old 09-21-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
PuckLuck
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Tailai View Post
Welcome PuckLuck. You are in very much the same place as me 3 years ago. Drinking vodka all day, every day. Stints of sobriety, trying to moderate then right back to the vodka first thing in the morning. But the alcohol dependence gets progressively worse along with the associated alcohol withdrawal. And the physical effects you mention. Not only looking & feeling awful & the shaky hands but the the liver damage! We can’t control our drinking so moderation is off the table. We can live a better life without drinking as you have experienced. My plan was much like yours. Daily exercise was critical. First thing in the morning. Practicing daily gratitude & positive thinking, adjusting & resetting to the inevitable down times in a positive & productive manner. I am currently one year, 2 months sober after 30 years of drinking & multiple relapses. This site saved my life with what I have learned & the encouragement I’ve received. Alcoholism is a terrible illness. Good luck on your journey.
Congrats on your sobriety. It is terrible.

What's hard for me is realizing or coming to grips with the fact I lost pretty much everything now...to a bottle of liquid. Then I look at where I'm at now and I just feel completely lost. And I don't want to think about it or feel it, so I drink. Guess I need to work on my acceptance and letting it go.

Today is the first time in 2 weeks I actually got my you know what together, took a shower and cleaned myself up.