Old 09-20-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
BackandScared

August.. It is 75 days today. Probably very little or a massive stretch, depending from which side you are looking at it. However, if it is always going to take the same kind of effort, it does not matter if it is 3 days or 5 years.

This is not about impatience. I have lots of that too and I have been very frustrated at how long it has taken to feel a tiny bit better physically, let alone mentally. I was asking to get a perspective from those of you who have longer time alcohol free. I wanted to know if there was a 'hurrah' moment when you felt you truly were a non-drinker.

I cannot say that I knew on day 1 (many say they knew 'they were done') and I don't know today. It seems that different people have different experiences.

I am on a business trip with more time for myself than usual because I don't need to deal with family/house/normal life apart from work. And I am still exhausted. I am worried about keeping this level of investment in not-drinking for ever, because I don't see where the energy and time is going to come from.

I don't have a life where I can spend this amount of time navel gazing. I also want to make my sober time about enjoying everything else, mainly my kids, more. To be more present for them, not just for myself.

I am a bit low I guess. Was just hoping it gets much easier, not only in terms of not drinking (I am not having big problems with that part) but in terms of not thinking constantly about it and having 'plans' for it.

Thanks you lessgravity too