View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
You learned.

Why can you not apply that same tenacity (in small steps) to loosening up a bit? you learned.

I suppose because i fear that I'll forget it all, that I have to keep on top of things. I dont see it as something that you learn and then move on, to me your continually learning and I haven't "healed" yet in terms of inner child work. That takes years. This week I'm tired of it. As for depression I've been fine these last weeks it's this week I'm feeling this way so I dont think so.
Trust me, you are not going to forget it all.

Now, will you still make some mistakes? Absolutely. Heck I was married to someone that hit me and later on I was in a relationship with a narcissist.

Could we say I didn't learn anything from being in an abusive relationship? No. Because I did and that never, ever goes away. I have a boundary, if someone hits me I walk away - right then, no discussion, there can be no apology. I'm not going to forget that boundary. Then again, not all abuse is created equal not all abuse "looks" the same. So we learn some more.

Frankly I think you are too cautious to step in to anything right now anyway.

But! Romantic relationships aside, that doesn't mean you can't be out there in the world making friends and experiencing people. Talking, finding your interest in people again.

You don't have to be scared, you are going to be ok.