Old 09-20-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
BackandScared

Thanks for the different insights.
After reading how well so many people were feeling after 7-10 days, I was very deflated when I found the first 3 weeks so grueling. I was not feeling anywhere close to the extra energy, extra time and less weight others reported.

I am starting to worry about the sustainability of my sober life if it means the same investment in drinking and non drinking. Right now the time I used preparing /planing to drink goes into this forum, reading about sobriety, counting of my sober days, reflecting on how I feel to prepare for any surprise craving. Drinking has been substituted by siting on my hand until it passes, meditation, journal and grateful list. The time recovering from drinking is now allocated to exercise and care about what I eat.

I have a full-time job and a beautiful family with young kids who need to be looked after and catered for. Did I say I quit smoking too? (I am finding that part pretty easy though).

I have not enjoyed the benefits of good sleep either. The idea of working this hard for ever to keep up with my 'normal' life and sobriety is daunting. The alternative is so much worse that it is not an alternative. There are many many positive aspects of my AF life. As everything worth having it requires a lot of effort.