View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Lost4now. He probably realizes on some level that he is losing control.

I have been in a physically abusive relationship, I know what that feels like, it can be very scary.

There are only two ways it goes. You continue to be hit or you get out or have him removed, there is no other way. He is way way past caring about anyone or anything but himself, you need to take control.

First of all, please do give the woman police officer a call. What can it hurt to call her or the station? She can advise you on what they can do. In fact you can drive over to the police station right now if you like, I assume it is a 24 hour station. Ensure you are safe before you venture out and that he is asleep or passed out or otherwise occupied.

They can advise you on what steps you can take. Whether they can issue a restraining order, how to keep safe.

Please take your courage and go. You can't let him hold you hostage in your own home. Being at home and protecting him is not keeping you safe, you are not safe, it's a false sense of safety.

At the very least make that call. By the way, if you have a lock on your bedroom door, please use it.

If you can't reach anyone else, call the DV hotline - or call them anyway - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) - they are there 24 hours a day and can advise you on how to proceed.