View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hanna

Really feeling sad today. DH is staying in contact via text with SS, but we have not seen him in 2.5 weeks. It feels like forever and as much as I miss him I know it's so much harder on his Dad, so I am just trying to be supportive of him. It's hard on so many people - like he's just abandoning all of us. Meanwhile he's in a completely different school and we hardly know a thing about his life.

He's being a complete jerk to his father, but DH is staying in contact. I think at his age that is the right thing to do. (But who knows. I try to not give much advice but just to pray and suggest he ask for God's knowledge of his will for him and strength to carry it out. )

I have not reached out to SS at all. I can't tell if that is the right thing to do, or just a poor reaction based on my own bad experiences and fears. My birthday came and went without a word from him - and I was glad. I didn't know how I would reply if he tried to tell me to have a happy birthday.

Everything happening feels like a repeat of my childhood - watching my own brothers run off to my Dad's house and refuse to speak with or see my Mom, while my Dad supported them alienating her for his own selfish reasons. I know how that worked out for them.

We don't know what chemicals he may or may not be putting in his body. We just know he's shown the willingness to try pretty much anything he gets his hands on and that whether he's doing drugs or not, he's sure got the mentality of an addict.