View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thank you for your input. I feel like I am going crazy. I don’t know know up from down anymore. Today he left me a note in the fridge and made a coffee for me that was also waiting in the fridge. Then he texts me to tell me he has unlocked the front door so that I don’t need to do it when I get home. It’s all very strange and unfamiliar. Maybe this was him when we were in the honeymoon phase but it quickly faded.
For many of us in recovery, there was a catalyst, an event that made us decide that we would and could change. Sometimes we get pushed.....frightened into change....I know I did. And I changed.

Some of you may remember that before I lost my dad, my long-term boyfriend at the time completely ghosted me. And until last week, we had not been in contact for 4 and a half years. After catching up (just messaging) he remarked on how much I have changed....and how happy I sound.....he is right on both accounts.

No one from my past life would recognise me these days.
Change is a cornerstone of recovery: so many of us are very different people than we were when we were drinking or using.

Just my thoughts. s