View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

when we met I didn't know he had a drinking problem untill maybe half a year into the relationship. He was bad the middle years than He calmed down alot *which gave me hope* and now it's currently high. He normally drinks a 12pack a DAY, sometimes more. Everyday.

while he may now have physically departed from you, i suggest he was ALWAYS one foot out the door. in part because:

I did so much for him throughout the years and helped him when none of his 'friend's' would.

you were a good resource. you provided a sense of "normalcy" or at least he thought it gave him the appearance of being a normal, regular guy. but he was not. his primary objective at all times was:
1) Himself
2) Drinking

when faced with the choice of "be and act like a grown up or leave" he chose leave - cuz it's what he does and it's way easier than the alternative, in his mind.

i know he's the baby's father, but that does not make him a PARENT or even good parent material. he sounds far too self-absorbed and immature to even watch a small child for six minutes while you run to the bathroom.

in any relationship, when one side is doing their own thing, and the other side is doing all the heavy lifiting, it's not a healthy relationship. it's become a parasite-host relationship.

you will find yourself far better off without a 12 pack day juvenile underfoot.