View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Saskia, my wife and I were talking about how well my mother in law is doing at her OFH. She has a social calendar that is packed, delicious dinners every night, and yet lives an independent life with her apartment. She no longer has to worry about house maintenance , snow removal and the other responsibilities of home ownership. Even better, when her health eventually declines, she will be taken care of and moved to a medical facility within the development. It's a huge relief for us knowing that we will not be responsible for her ongoing care. My parents stubbornly refuse to admit that they are 88 and 84, and still live in their house. They have no plans when one of them passes. It will fall unto my sister and I to take care of the surviving one. It's a huge burden for the children, especially as we still have children at home. For all of the above reasons, we plan on making the move to an OFH when the time comes.

Hopefully getting my new refrigerator delivered today. We have been roughing it, living out of coolers for almost ten days. This "camping" adventure is getting old!

Have a good day all!