View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peo

He left me & my son for beer...

I feel so bad no matter how hard I try to get over it. My boyfriend of 5 years packed up his stuff yesterday and left. The day before he was gone ALL night drinking and didn't come home till10am. It was not the first time and we spoken about it multiple times in the past. Even getting in very heated arguments, but be dosent see a problem just says 'I'm gonna stop, I promise.' An he does for maybe a week or 2 than back to drinking.

when we met I didn't know he had a drinking problem untill maybe half a year into the relationship. He was bad the middle years than He calmed down alot *which gave me hope* and now it's currently high. He normally drinks a 12pack a DAY, sometimes more. Everyday. I was fed up and told him 'Its your family or the beer. If you like sneaking out to be out all night in the streets, drinking with drunk guys that ONLY care about themselves than you should be with them' i left with my son to the store and when got back he packed all his stuff and left. I feel devastated, not that he particularly left me but he left our family for alcohol. I did so much for him throughout the years and helped him when none of his 'friend's' would. I don't know how to get over the pain. At work I pulled through like a normal day but as soon as I left I cried all the way home. I spent 5 years almost everyday with this guy and he so quickly up and left.

I tried contacting him regarding our 3 yr old son and he ignores my calls and messages and even blocked me on social media. Beforehand he told me he would still help watch/care for him but I didn't believe and every type of contact I tried he ignored. I can't believe he would leave our son for beer. He us fixing to be 28 and spoke alot about how he used to go out and drink, drive around without a care, up and go whenever. I told him he had a toddler to help raise now and couldn't just up and go anymore. His friends were always proud that he had a family (they were single in early 30s) and how he had a 'cute' baby and 'great' woman by his side, yet he chose to leave!

I honestly think he is gone for good... which saddens me because my son looks for him and yet his dad has not even tried to respond (not even to his own mom) to try and resolve the issue over our son. I guess I just wanna hear I'm not alone and someone has or is going through what I am and hopefully the sadness goes away...