Old 09-09-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Yes. My situation was a little different. When I had been sober about two years, my dad accused me of relapsing (on the phone). He lived 400 miles from me. He hadn't even seen me in person in months. He thought I relapsed because I hadn't called him in some time. I hadn't called him because every time I did, he made me feel guilty about something and I felt horribly judged by him. That behavior was nothing new on his part - what was new was that in sobriety I wasn't as willing to put up with it. I never explained any of this to him. It wouldn't have made any difference. When he said that to me, I was so angry. But I didn't say anything. Just told him no, I was still sober. That was one of the last conversations we had. He died. I regret that I let that accusation affect me as much as it did.
I'm sorry I brought up that unpleasant memory for you..And you WERE sober when he died...so I hope when he hung up that night inside he felt proud and relieved when his daughter said "I am still sober"...I know my Father is so relieved when I am sober.

Yea I got a little pissed at my son...but I realize today that was all about "Me"...I could have handled the situation differently rather than yelling at the top of my lungs that I AM NOT DRUNK.

I could have calmly said...I can see why you would think that I am drunk...but honestly I am not....that probably would have been better...LOL