View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
August252015

Strongly agree with the posts above. I was no way ready at that point, even quite a bit longer, probably at what I recall as a "shift forward" in many ways around the 100 day mark.

A couple things you said signal to me that it is too early for you to socialize:
The beer comment
Your own share that your OP was probably bc you are not ready.

I felt that a quite limited "audience" was appropriate for those first 90 days for sure- it was my parents. And people in AA tho I took a careful bit longer to begin making real friends. I slowly added people back into my life- mostly those who I had "left" in my hardest drinking. I began with a lunch or coffee and not a marathon version. I didn't go out of town til 9 mo and it was with my now husband. First party, 14 mo, and first wedding 19...sidenote: I went back to work in a restaurant at 5.5 mo with very specific and attentive boundaries around time spent there (no post shift socializing, for example).

I didn't do all this out of fear but as said above, building my sober muscles and the fact that my absolute first priority was my recovery.