Thread: Day 3
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
BackandScared

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
I didn’t realise you were in France, Mummyto2?

I’m in the UK now, but I lived in continental Europe for many years. I was taken with the laid back approach to alcohol, having a glass of wine at lunchtime, etc. It all seemed so much more sophisticated than the UK way. The reality is these countries have serious problems with liver disease. Spain is a world leader in liver transplants.

Good luck on day 3.
First well done on 3 days! Day 3 was the worst for me. It became all easier after (9 weeks today).

This is a strange statement Hodd. Spain is the world leader country in transplants. All transplants. Because it is also the world leader country in donors.

Alcohol consumption in France is higher than in the UK and Spain is behind both. However, death attributed to alcohol are way higher in the UK because binge drinking is also more prevalent and probably because of the diet that goes with those binges.

Apart from Eastern European countries, UK and Ireland are pretty bad in terms of alcohol consumption. Also Germany. Stereotypes do have a bit of reality in them. However, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the individual. Alcohol is equally addictive everywhere. Being Spanish or British will not be the problem. Many live in cultures where drink is not the norm but become addicted anyway.