View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
yooper01

New member/son addicted

Hello everyone. Guess I'm looking for answers/help on dealing with my son's addictions. My son is 35 yrs old and has been addicted since he was 16. It started with Oxycontin and progressed to heroin. He was shooting the heroin. I had him in 5-6 rehabs when young. He was kicked out of them all. He finally got Federal Prison time in 2008 and spent 2 yrs inside. He was released in 2011. He did well after coming out. He had a job and an apt. He started drinking and things began to slide. He is now in jail 2 hours from me. He has Poss. of Meth, Poss. of unlawful Proscriptions, Poss of THC and 2 counts drug para. He tried to commit suicide in the jail a few days ago. They had to bring him in to get metal removed from his throat. His bond 10% if 30 grand, 3,000. I refuse to bail him out. I figure he can't use in there and they can keep an eye on his suicide attempts. I am so at the end of my rope being I've dealt with this for 20 yrs now. He's in the rage stage of saying I'm a bad parent since I won't help him. He uses suicide to manipulate me. I'm divorced from his father due to his father being an addict also. His dad no help in this and usually makes it worse. I'm having trouble throwing in the towel on my child.