View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Jewel72

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
.....morning all.

Weekend looming.....always a challenge.
Only early here....but already have a couple of domestic jobs done. Its amazing. Drinking literally disables me. I can't do anything. I work with computer modelling software, making parts. When drinking, the brain fog descends and it I simply cannot do it. Get off the alcohol, and the ability returns. Similar with hobbies, tasks.....drinking, nothing gets done, things sit around untouched and unfinished. Get sober, it gets happening again.

Then , of course, it turns into 'now you've done all that, let's have some drinks and admire what you've done'.....the big reward thing. Problem being that the reward cancels the possibility of any further progress. A self defeating circle.

So.....trying to break out of that one.

Ok...welcome to the new ppl, hope we can all do the weekend successfully.

later
Yes and yes! Good explanation of the vicious cycle.

Hello All. I’m in too. Just got through another day 1. I’ve been in several classes and really, really want this to stick this round. I’ve been re reading my most helpful books and talking to a counselor.

I am so tired of hating myself, being half the woman I’m meant to be, and sabotaging everything good in my life. I hate you wine. We must break up for good.