Thread: Support Systems
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don W

Thanks Fitness, Couldn't help but notice the Pepperell, Mass location. My brother lived in Dunstable for years. He was a Volunteer Fireman for years and I worked with him on the musters, which included Pepperill. I don't have to tell you the time we spent at the Pepperill VFW. And the time, believe it or not, they had me incharge of the Budwiser Beer Truck. I thought I'd died and went to heavan. A truck full of beer and taps all around it. Anyway, i grew up in Westford next door. He passed away about 5 years ago. sadly, he never found the program. For those that think things will change? He died a lonely old man. Had MS but, continued to drink. Spent his last days riding back and forth to that VFW on his scooter. We had to remove all furiture with sharp edges due to his falls. He turned so nasty that nobody wanted anything to do with him. Like i said he had MS and never took care of it. Never accepted why. He chased everyone who loved or tried to love him away. At his wake everyone spoke how they tried and had to give up. Anyway, You've helped remind me how much I have going for me. I'm there for my mother. When drinking that wasn't the case. This is why although I feel bad, the brothers and sisters that aren't there is due to alcohol. The best gift of all she still tells me is hearing my sobriety date is on her birthday. I write this also as a reminder to newcomers and those that are considering going back out and of course myself. I can't see your future but, I've seen what it holds in others. Don't ever think that what I said won't happen. Tommoro, when I'm feeding my Mom her lunch, I'll remember, Fitness, how lucky I am thanks to you.