View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
I'd like to join the class of September 2019. Since Pouncer invited me, I confidently take the seat next to him or her!

Finding this site is one of the best things, that happened to me since a long time. Usually I avoid online communities, at the end of the day, it's bound to all end in drama, mobbing, narcism, you name it.

I quit drinking last Sunday after finding this site by mere coincidence. I cannot even recall what I was searching for, however, I got stuck reading. There's a bond between people here, it's simply heart-warming. So I read on and on, and whilst it wasn't my plan this Sunday morning to think about my alcohol problem, I started to see, what I am. Do you recall, when you didn't understand a maths problem as a kid, then on a rainy Friday you finally got it? And once you've solved it, you couldn't grasp how you couldn't have understood it in the first place? It's time to start changing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for each and every one of you. Especially for you, Pouncer, since you wrote you're struggling!
So happy you joined us dear Ravel.

And you are right about the bond between SRs.....some of the best friends I have ever had in my life are people I have not met face to face.

Just got home from my first day of college as a very old grownup. It was awesome.