View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
HarryLime

The start of Day 2 for me. The day is already much better than yesterday given that I don’t have a hangover, don’t have my wife yelling at me, and am not so close to what happened on Sunday night. I am also alive, which is great. I do feel a little withdrawal symptoms (anxious, sensitivity to light, and Brian is foggy) but they aren’t too bad. I have a long day of work ahead of me where the anxiety gets more pronounced but I just try to hide it when I’m feeling this way.

My wife isn’t really talking to me and we are sleeping in separate rooms. I can’t really accurately read her intentions. She didn’t kick me out nor did she leave but she said some very harsh things yeaterday to me along the lines of she isn’t happy with me anymore and she didn’t sign up for this. Her comments - while harsh - were perfectly fair.

Should I promise her not to drink again to show my commitment? Or is another promise (after several of them) going to ring hollow? She did say “actions speak louder than words” but the action here - not drinking - takes time to show. Anyway I’m just thinking aloud. Hope everyone has a great day. So glad I found this site.