View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
CDC Fact Sheet
Binge drinking is the most common, costly, and deadly pattern of excessive alcohol use in the United States.1,2,3 The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
External

defines binge drinking as a pattern of drinking that brings a person’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to 0.08 grams percent or above. This typically happens when men consume 5 or more drinks or women consume 4 or more drinks in about 2 hours.4 Most people who binge drink are not alcohol dependent.

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-she...e-drinking.htm
Same source. So long as you reach what they consider intoxication (0.08) and don't do it several times a week, you are a binge drinker. The amount of drinks given in 2 hours was just an example of how a typical weekend binger hitting a bar would reach intoxication.

My standard was to have four 1.5 ounce shots of vodka or scotch within the first 5 minutes to get started with my first beer, but that wasn't a binge; it was just a Tuesday (or Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, or Mon). Five drinks within 2 hours was just poolside lounging to me, but to a non-alcoholic, it's a binge.