Old 09-02-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hope1989

Well, first of all I want to begin telling everyone that I appreciate your replies, insights and the respectful way this thread was addressed. This is awesome.

I believe I have perhaps not expressed myself correctly or completely. But no means I want to say that I was going to keep drinking until I fix my problems. However, it is because of this problems that I keep drinking, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

My pattern, as a binge drinker, is that I drink a lot and then feel like crap for around a week or two. Ironically, as I start "Recovering" I have a sensation of peace... I feel so miserable because of the hungover that all my other problems go away and I just focus on how awful I feel because of the drinking. One the long hungover starts to disappear, my other problems pop up... around a month or so after it, and that's when I break.

So it is more about how to break that cycle. I have engaged in a lot of things now, counselling, got into sports, dedicated to work, so I'm putting everything in line. And I will keep going from time to time to AA, as I mentioned in the thread, I think it's wonderful, depending on how one use it.

Have a beautiful day everyone