Thread: Despondent.
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Oh yes, definitely drink. You’ll feel just great in the morning. You’ll love the couch much better filled with guilt and a raging headache. Not to mention the shame of listing your sobriety.....kissing! Of course you shouldn’t drink silly!

But you’re not crazy or abnormal for considering drinking. I’ve heard that putting down the drink is the easy part, living life on life’s terms is what’s tough. I’ve even heard that alcoholism is living life. Which is actually brilliant.

Please remember that your thoughts are not necessarily reality. Have you gotten away from
doing some things you were doing when you were feeling better? I’m ready a great book that says the goal of life should not be to be happy. But instead to be content and of use. Whenever I was feeling like you are, my sponsor would always first tell me to do something kind for someone else, usually without that person noticing. Another way is to call someone and not talk about your problems. Call them to listen, see how you could be of help, even if just being silent, or tel them, “I understand.”

Sorry, this wasn’t a great response, xim
suoer tired but I know you’re struggling and it’s late so I wanted to at minimum acknowledgement your struggle. Best wishes and hope to talk to you more soon.