View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

I would do two things.

I would ask him to go to the post office and apologize - you have to do business there and you don't want that hanging over you. I assume you have some kind of business that requires these regular mail-outs? He shouldn't be jeopardizing your business relationships (well none ideally - but perhaps he will see the sense in that).

If he won't, then I suppose you will have to?

Other than that, nothing you can do. You can't make him not be aggressive just like you can't make him not drink. Out of your control.

I married an angry man. No amount of arguing, being hit, defending myself, arguing some more made one teeny bit of a difference. I did tell him to stop hitting me, and he did, but he didn't need to as the threat was always there.

So the only solution is to go out alone. I mean even if he saw the error of his ways, you will always be waiting on eggshells for him to blow up in some encounter again.

Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
Should I care why it's happening?
It won't help anything. You mentioned that the behaviour is totally unacceptable to you, there is nothing more to do there. Perhaps your only decision is what is your boundary here.