View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Time2, being in a positive mindset and looking at recovery as a better choice will strengthen your resolve. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I was on ADs when I stopped drinking at with my docs agreement continued until I felt I was strong enough to come off them.

As to what to do with your new sober hours? Well, just about anything you want to! I did the Cto5K challenge and still run with the dog a few mornings a week. I also started writing again, and have now self published several books online, an achievement I am immensely proud of regardless of whether they're any good or not!
Meditation as mentioned by Purp is a definite mental and emotional strengthener.
Think about those things your younger self enjoyed before you drank, do any of them still appeal? Or is there something the new, sober you wants to do to celebrate? Do a night class, or if you're retired, an afternoon class! Finding people who share our interests can help us to enjoy life outwith drinking. And new people in your life will only ever know you sober, so no uncomfortable moments.
Even just taking a walk in the evening and communing with nature instead of lodged in a chair with a glass in your hand!