Old 08-26-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tolkny

That was me over three years ago and I did not respond - I am not sure why now.

I have have been up and down - but still the same underlying issues return - unfitness, overeating now addicted to the internet - withdrawn on a face to face basis - thinking about calling people I used to be in touch with - there is so much more I might say.

What brought me back to this forum is the thought that my recovery might matter to others as well.

I am prompted to write I am what folks now call, neuro diverse - in my case dyspraxia/DCD and dyslexia.

Not sure what else to say - which is unusual for me.

I shall read any responses with interest - please do not send me personal messages - the last time I tried I was not able to read them.

I guess I am looking for a male OA member - anywhere in the world - English speaker - who has time to share their recovery story.

Nonetheless - I welcome all responses - especially folk who are helped to share thir struggles and achievements.

Thanks for reading.

I am aged seventy, a retired social worker, fortunate to have a stable income - but with few reserves (of anything) that I can use to get me back on the recovery road again.

I should add - No longer abstinent - maybe I need a completely new thread - I shall see what replies I receive first.

Last edited by Tolkny; 08-26-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: afterthought