Old 08-25-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
This is what I wanted to say, too - I cannot really grasp your concept of the AV (I have not studied the intellectual methods, if you will, sufficiently enough to speak on them except that the AV concept makes no sense to me). To me, it still seems you are giving your power to something(s) else. I'm not trying to tell you that you must have a spiritual component. But I am kindly saying that the idea of being in control, as you explain it, still seems conditional on MANY things.

Sometimes I think of what my dad (ALWAYSSSS) told me: simplify. When I get all jumbled up in my head, with lengthy whys and wherefores, I could very well be making a situation worse, serving to confuse myself and the action I truly need to take -and, basically, I need to cut the c**p.

You know I'm rooting for you.
AV ( in AVRT) is any thought, image or positive feeling about future drinking. Identifying , separating from and ignoring those thoughts is pretty much all there is to the technique. AVRT= Addictive Voice Recognition Technique.

Simplicity itself. Make a very narrow and wholly discrete pledge to yourself to never again drink booze and resolve to never change your mind and you can't help but become the teetotaler you were born to be.

AV , in AVRT , also includes the idea that any doubt in your ability to remain abstinent is itself AV. The idea that it is somehow beyond one's control to remain abstinent, other than by resolving to be, is the embodiment and precursor to future drinking.