View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Rose335

Fearless - phew! That sounds like a really hard situation. Well done, not just on a thoughtful, careful and successful response to your son but also especially on not giving in to the idea of a drink.

Aly, Hev, Mags - let me jump on the bandwagon too and say I too am so grateful for this thread!.

Daisy - I was born in Lancashire but brought up in Yorkshire so I have an allegiance to both. Are you in the north?

Numblady - could you kindly ask your daughter to come and lay my clothes out too?! Find the 'what shall I wear' thoughts very tedious each morning.

Grateful yesterday's extended family event was successful in terms of lunch, cake (it was a birthday) etc and that the weather meant we could sit - cram - into my little garden.
Grateful that I didn't have a drink. Same old thing: everyone raising a (single) glass of champagne for a toast, and me thinking 'why ever not'. As if I don't know the answer. I do, of course, so I didn't succumb.
Grateful I'm not the person I was 3 months ago around alcohol. Someone had left a half glass of champagne having presumably only having accepted a glass to be sociable. If I'd come across that in the days before I stopped it would have been gone in a nanosecond. Nice habits I had back then!
Grateful for another hot day, probably too hot but still. Looking forward to a walk in the park.
Grateful to be starting my day by checking in with you all. What a nice habit this is.

Here's to an excellent Sunday.